Monday, February 13, 2012

♪♫ If I Only Had a Brain ♫♪

Oh brain, how I miss thee...
Your witty charm, your quick response-time...
Your keen focus and ...something....
...something something...


That's about the short of it...
I swear I have NO focus lately - today is the worst yet...and go figure it's the day that nothing mechanical is going right (and not because I mucked it up - it broke on its own & I just have to figure it out).  So the other day, I had forgotten that it's been 2 months since I've had any caffeine...and I subsequently drank 2 glasses of RC-Cola and was bouncing-off-the-walls-WIRED for a good 3 hrs until I got some awesomely heavy yummy pasta in me....which leads me to my 3 topics of today: Cravings-Gone-Wrong; pADHD; and ...what was that other thing??....right! More weird changes. 


Preliminary happy update!! - went to the Doc's on Thursday!! :D  I'm officially 8wks and 2 days (as of today) - my uterus is the size of a grapefruit, approximately; and my bloodwork all came back today checking out good - aside from a pesky uti and needing Vitamin D....antibiotics and vitamins for me woohoo! :D  It does wonders for the mood to find out you're ok tho.  It's like getting a report card that's AWESOME when you're 7 yrs old.  I also got quite a few new tops I can wear throughout and after baby - awesome pretty flowy hippie tops! :D  AND a baby bag.  I had to get it - it was the only one and it was staring at me from the top shelf!! :D


brain...train of thought...where'd I leave that thing?....
...right: CRAVINGS- GONE-WRONG!!
Egg-salad sandwich sounded so good.  ESS with BACON sounded even better!! (and lettuce, tomato & mustard) I ate about 1/2 of it and my "OOO! YUM!!" quickly turned to: "blaaaaaah, get it away from me!"  So sad. 
This brings up an interesting facet to the whole "cravings" part of pregnancy, though.  It's not a simple matter of black/white, want/disgust.  There's definitely an area of "MUST HAVE NOW" which instantly switches into "OMG, I'm gonna yack!"  Discoveries in error thus far:
     - Egg-salad-sandwich with bacon, lettuce, and tomato
     - Steak and Cheese w/ added mushrooms and other slimy gooey gross things which would normally be amazing!
     - Velveeta Shells & Cheese & Turkey (amazing until the texture gets to you)
Texture seems to be a huge factor in this whole pregnancy thing.  Stuff I would normally love has turned out to be disastrous. Cravings are on a daily/hourly/minute-basis...aside from fruit and veggies....I seem to always be able to handle those. I swear I'm gonna become a veggie-saurus again just by way of what I physically can/can't eat right now....oh yeah, other typcially-safe-food: Easy Cheese & Crackers. :)


next topic was....
pADHD! (Pregnant Attention Deficit Disorder)
Did I mention the caffeine episode 2 days ago? Yep...there it is...right in the first paragraph...So I'm at work, things are blowing up around me, I'm multitasking like usual - or what seems like usual - until I realize that it's almost been 10 hours of work and I haven't documented anything I've done today.  CRAP! What did I do today? There was that thing....and that other thing....
I do so miss my brain.  Does this get better in the 2nd trimester like the morning-noon-night-sickness? I'm somehow doubtful.
...we'll just skip this section for now - I can't focus on it much...it's almost time to go home...


More Weird Changes:
So today - for about 4 hours, then a break after I ate a lot, then again now for 2-3 hours, I feel like my skin is crawling.  It's the most irritable, horrible, insatiable sensation I've ever felt and IT HAS TO GO AWAY NOW!!! Omg...I'm gonna strangle something....or punch something...It's making me more hyper and unfocused...and did I mention irritable? I think I need to wrap myself in plastic wrap with some lotion or something....I googled it: plenty of people saying that we (pregnant women experiencing this) must be crazy or have something wrong and should contact the doctor immediately! (thank you yahoo answers) because they never experienced it so it has to be weird and crazy.....but then there's that comforting handful of equal-crazies-like-me so I don't feel so bad.  I am going to chalk it up to hormones....and drink water...and go home and get hubz to rub lotion all over me.  He needs to do more of that anyways. ;-)


This concludes today's update!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment