Sunday, January 29, 2012

This Baby Wants MEXICAN!

We are all well aware that pregnant women are known for their cravings.  There's plenty of information on what these cravings could mean physically and nutritionally (one article's findings posted here), but it's also fun to research and find out what specific cravings could mean in relation to the sprogling* growing inside....


For instance, I can't get enough Mexican food!! OMG. I'm normally a relatively good health-nut.  But right now, all my brain says is "SCREW the healthy, GIVE ME NACHOS!"...and tacos...and taco salad...and pupusas...but mainly NACHOS!!! I can't get enough of em. Let's see what google has to say about that...just that there's a lot of other women out there who crave the same.  


Ok, so maybe there isn't a wealth of food-craving-divination out there...but it is amusing to see the old-wive's-tales out there such as cravings = gender of the sprogling. (Here is a good article on pregnancy gender myths.)  According to myth, I'm gonna have a hairy girl.  Of course, with one myth comes countering myths.  I'm gonna go with my dreams and get back to those nacho cravings...


My food quote of the day: "I have salad and cheesecake! It's the perfectly balanced meal!" :D


*Sprogling: the result of sprogging...having sex with the intention of creating babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment